Friday, November 08, 2013

a few good hours in the Crossing Arts Alliance Sales & Gift Gallery

Yesterday I spent a few hours volunteering at the Crossing Arts Alliance Sales & Gift Gallery in town.  The Crossing Arts Alliance , located in the Franklin Arts Center,  was once a Jr. High School.  In fact, my husband ran through those halls at one time.  It is now home to artists' shops, galleries, dance studios, and artists' apartments and is a real gem in the community. 

photo by Artspace.org
I brought along a stone to stitch on during the quiet times and stationed myself at the counter, smiling at my surroundings.  


Paintings adorning the walls, pottery and wood bowls begging for closer inspection, shibori scarves in gem-like colors, jewelry, sculpture, bags, hats, pine needle baskets propped up on old chalkboard trays...  It was a nice place to spend the day, tucked in among the local artistry.


I fell in love with this 'Two-Holer' vase by my neighbor Haddie Hadacheck.  It wants to come home with it, it told me so.


I thought this oil painting was especially lovely too, especially when flanked by a silk scarf, pine needle basket, and pottery.


The artist behind that amazing chest of drawers - Mark Munson - stopped in briefly at the shop.  He recently had a show at the Q Gallery , also located in the FAC, and I got to see more of his work there.  Such fine woodworking in a really unique style.


What's this?  Mushrooms, wood bowls, and pottery?  Yes please!


This artist, Carolyn Abbot, had these amazing pleated silk shibori scarves on display and a few naturally-dyed scarves too.  Gorgeous stuff.

I'll be sharing some more photos of these pieces and more on the Crossing Arts Alliance facebook page.  If you look closely you might catch a photo of me behind the counter on there.  If you're ever in the area, make a little time to stop in there and look around, and if I'm in the Sales Gallery please come say hi.

Happy Friday!

4 comments:

lynn bowes said...

This looks like such a good fit for you, girlfriend. And what a great idea to turn an old schoolhouse into an arts center! Makes me wish I had more money.

xox

The Inside Stori said...

Soooo inspiring....tx's for taking the time to take and post the photos!

Karen Larko said...

Sweet place Lisa! Thanks for sharing!

moongirl said...

What a wonderful place to spend you time and be inspired.

I think I would have bought that vase too!
And I love the mushroom!

Your rocks are simply wonderful. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails