Thursday, July 10, 2014

distracted by ducks

I sat down to finish that storm stone I showed you yesterday, but when I sat down to put in some stitches I found I wasn't happy with them. Out they came, and out I went, to let the ducklings out for their evening swim.

The whole group, happy to be in the water.


The first born set of ducklings are getting their white feathers and are entering that adorably awkward-looking phase.  They're getting some tail feathers but still have their baby fuzz on their teeny-tiny t-rex arms.

Rawr!  I will slap you with my t-rex arms!
Nope.  No you won't, little guy.  But nice try.

The runt teacup duck is still very small compared to his hatchmates.  They look out for him, as if they recognize he needs the extra help.  He's very delayed, not only in size but in physical ability, but he's getting more active and growing a little every day.

Snack and snuggle time happens after the swim.

This guy thought for sure my camera lens was food.  I was laughing too hard to focus.

And if you dare spill food on your lap, you'll have ducks there too.

Happy Thursday, everybody. 


6 comments:

Terriea Kwong said...

So sweet so adorable ducklings. No wonder you're distracted by them. Wish I have the housing surrounding like yours but I'm living in a Hong Kong apartment. Love reading your blog.

ellen said...

I love seeing these photos of your ducks. They just make me smile from ear to ear. I used to have ducks years ago and they gave me so much pleasure and so many belly laughs.
I also admire all the beauty that you create! Thank you.

lynn bowes said...

Typically, when we spill food we say 'the dog will get it'. At the Jordan Marsh, you can say 'the duck will get it'.

Here at the Bowes Ranchette, we can say 'the tornado will blow it away' so there is compensation to be made, I guess.

Barbara Casillas said...

Love your blog and your ducks! I always wanted a duck when I was growing up, but living in the Los Angeles area, it wasn't possible. My parents are from Minnesota, and I have many relatives living there. I recently started a blog about my creative journey. I'd love for you to check it out.

StaroftheEast said...

This is happiness !

Sonia / COZY MEMORIES said...

Duckies cuteness overload !!!!! xoxo

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails