Tuesday, March 10, 2015

eggs of shimmer and earth


I've been channeling my inner magpie. Building nests and filling them with shiny things. (I know they don't really collect shiny things, but I love the imagery anyway) My wandery mind grew interested in the idea of giving birth to the things one has experienced and I daydreamed about birds who saw glittering snowflakes, the smallest of ferns; who then laid fantastical eggs full of shimmer and earth. 

Imagine what our own eggs would look like, imprinted with our memories.







These special nests and stone eggs, my offering to Spring, will be in my shop today along with some new nest brooches and a couple of stone necklaces. I'll be working on putting them in this morning so you'll likely see them pop in there, one by one.








10 comments:

Studio Paars said...

Oh my, these are just magical!
Your work never ceases to amaze me. Thank you :)

Terriea Kwong said...

Your work is gorgeous. So delicate and a touch of love. You're brilliant !

Cynthia Nicole said...

Sounds like a wonderful idea for a children's book. Illustrated with felted and embroidered treasures!

Michelle said...

Oh, so pretty!

Starr White said...

A beautiful, magical imagining!

Bohemian said...

The Imagery and Imagination of your New Spring Collection is so Enchanting! Love them all and would be hard pressed to pick a favorite!

Happy Spring from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

Joanie said...

Sorry to be missing for so long. I hope all is well. These spring pieces are so sweet and pretty, I especially love those little brooches! I will wander over to your shop, sadly, I'm usually too late though!. xx

aliciasivert.se said...

Oh how I love your nests. May I please share one of these pictures on my blog? I am making an Easter and spring arts and crafts compilation post and I would like to show your work to all of my friends. I will of course credit this post!

Sincerely
Alicia

Lisa at lil fish studios said...

aliciasivert - of course, that would be fine. Thank you for asking.

Thanks everyone!

aliciasivert.se said...

Thank you very very much! I am so happy to include your beautiful work in the post! Aaand, here's the result:
http://aliciasivert.blogspot.se/2015/03/paskpeppen-2015.html

Happy Easter!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails